Austin Preparatory School
Director of Development
The Director of Development reports to the Head of School is responsible for
spearheading the fundraising programs and initiatives of Austin Prep. The fundraising priorities focus on both the long-term financial sustainability of the school as well as meeting the annual needs required to operate.
The responsibilities of the Development Director include, but are not limited to:
1. To safeguard the Catholic identity and mission of Austin Preparatory School.
2. To be a highly visible presence in the School community.
3. To develop and lead a professional and volunteer staff to carry out the activities
of the Development Office.
4. To work with the Board of Trustees to incentivize them to place Austin Prep high on their philanthropy priority list and to participate in the fund raising
efforts of the Development Office.
5. To be the staff liaison to the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees and in so doing preparing and distributing reports for the Head of School and the Board of Trustees.
6. To devise and manage a program designed to attract the maximum gift support
possible to Austin Prep. This program will include annual giving solicitation; capital giving solicitation; planned giving programs; corporate and foundation proposals; and planning for major capital gifts.
7. To effectively analyze data and detect trends in giving.
8. To generate dashboard giving reports for the Head of School and the Board of Trustees keeping them informed of fundraising activity.
9. To develop and coordinate all aspects of major giving.
10. To oversee the signature fundraising events, including the annual golf outing.
11. To oversee alumni relations and giving in conjunction with the Director of Alumni Relations and Giving.
12. To incentivize alumni and parent giving in support of the annual fund and other
13. To continually work on effective, compelling, and consistent messaging.
14. To manage all grant writing efforts.
15. To research and cultivate Austin Prep’s key prospects in cooperation with the Head of School.
16. To serve as the staff liaison (delegate appropriately) for the Parent Association.
17. To oversee processing of all gift income, in consultation with the business
office, for the purpose of providing receipts and thank you letters, as well as
maintaining meticulous records of giving and donor interaction with the School.
18. To create and distribute the Annual Report.
19. To work with the Chief Financial Officer to create the annual budget for the Office of Development.
20. To be actively engaged with professional organizations such as that are devoted to best practices in fundraising in Catholic and independent education.
21. To abide by a “no surprise” policy, alerting the Head of School immediately of any issues that would contradict the School’s mission or detract from serving the best interests of the community.
22. To perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.