Philanthropic Consultant – Senior Level
Ruotolo Associates (RA) has provided full-service philanthropic counsel to nonprofit organizations across the country since 1979. Our senior level consultants deliver experience, expertise, and exemplary client care as representatives of RA. As sought-after counsel in the educational, faith-based, and social service arenas, RA is seeking Senior Associates to provide on and off-site service to clients in the areas of capital/major gift campaigns, pre-campaign studies, development program assessments, and executive searches. Positions available for full and project-based engagements.
- Senior level associates are self-directed, reporting to our Executive Team. They create and implement campaign and project strategies, provide counsel to mid- and senior-level client staff and board members, and may provide oversight to associate-level staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Program development and management of client projects ensuring the successful completion of deliverables and adherence to established timelines.
- Steward a portfolio of clients – balancing varied projects, timelines, and client expectations.
- Astute management of client relationships, engaging RA Executive Team members as appropriate.
- Coordinate on and off-site counsel to clients to maximize impact of service.
- Client service duties may include the conduct and oversight of:
- Every aspect of pre-campaign studies: material preparation, conducting interviews and focus groups, data tabulation, analysis of philanthropic potential and report writing and presentation.
- Develop and oversee major gift and capital campaign plans, including strategy development and oversight, timelines, solicitation material, prospect research to inform cultivation and solicitation, volunteer and staff training/mentoring.
- Assessment and evaluation of development/advancement programs through comprehensive review and analysis of varied-size programs, process, performance and staff to inform detailed recommendations and plan.
- Participate in professional search services for advancement and leadership positions following prescribed outreach, evaluation and presentation of candidates and facilitate client-review of finalists.
- Facilitate effective client communication and partnership through one-on-one and group (small and large) meetings that may be comprised of staff and/or volunteers.
- Networking and business development – identifying and cultivating new and expanding client relationships.
- Promote RA through marketing and promotional events and activities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university;
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills;
- Track record of proven advancement accomplishments and management in the nonprofit sector;
- Astute attention to detail and the ability to think creatively and strategically;
- Flexible, skilled problem-solver and self-starter;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel), familiarity with database management, and digital communication;
- Mid-Atlantic based with flexibility for both regional driving and air travel.
Medical, dental and vision coverage options along with life insurance and 401K participation
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract