President – Brooklyn Jesuit Prep
Brooklyn, New York
About Brooklyn Jesuit Prep:
Founded in 2003, Brooklyn Jesuit Prep is a Catholic Jesuit middle school serving low-income families of diverse races, ethnicities, and faiths located in the East Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn. Brooklyn Jesuit Prep’s mission is to develop young leaders who are intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious, and committed to doing justice.
The student body, currently 72 students across four grades, 5th through 8th, is representative of Brooklyn’s immigrant population. BJP families represent different Caribbean and West African nations and come from more than fourteen neighborhoods in Brooklyn.
Brooklyn Jesuit Prep graduates go on to private high schools and highly selective public schools. The BJP experience does not end with graduation, with a goal to transform and inspire graduates to put their values into action with an active life of service for humanity for the greater glory of God.
The President of Brooklyn Jesuit Prep provides leadership reflecting the mission of BJP. This leadership will be shaped by intellectual competence, integrity, energy, balance, and occasional flashes of humor. S/He is responsible for the management of the school as well as assuring the dynamism of BJP in all facets of the school: academics and student life, faith formation for all members of the school community, school finances, advancement operations, and fundraising, and public / community relations.
Duties and Desired Qualifications:
- Define a compelling vision for the mission that reinforces the school’s values and energizes the community, and serves as a passionate and effective advocate for the school.
- Exhibit consistent, decisive leadership for the organization, holding him or herself, the administrative team, and the board accountable to concrete goals.
- Provide leadership and counsel to the school Principal and staff on program and personnel issues.
- Ensure that sound administrative, financial, program, and personnel policies are developed and carried out.
- Engage with faculty and administration in ensuring the continuing vitality and excellence of the school’s educational program.
- Leverage all available resources to expand the capacity and effectiveness of programs for middle school, camp, and graduate support.
- Provide timely, complete, and accurate information to the Board.
- Develop a strategic plan for the mission, working in concert with key constituencies and the Board.
- Seek out partnerships that amplify the school’s impact while minimizing financial investment.
- Be seen as a compassionate, trustworthy resource to the communities we serve.
- Ensure that a sound fundraising strategy and resources are in place and executed to carry out Brooklyn Jesuit Prep’s mission and goals.
- Work to publicize and promote the school to raise awareness among key constituencies, both internally and externally.
- Provide spiritual leadership for students and staff in the Ignatian tradition.
- Maximize Brooklyn Jesuit Prep’s relationship with the Province, Jesuit institutions, and alumni.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in an education-related field preferred.
Salary range $100,000 – $150,000 commensurate with experience.
This search is being conducted by Ruotolo Associates, Inc. Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following three documents, confidentially, to [email protected] by no later than Friday, March 31, 2023:
- Targeted cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the Presidency of Brooklyn Jesuit Prep. This should align experiences and skill sets with the current needs of BJP.
- Brief, one-page preferred, personal statement that includes the candidate’s vision for leading BJP and Catholic educational philosophy.
- Current resume with all appropriate dates includes.
*Additionally, candidates may send relevant writings/articles authored by the candidate.
References will be requested of all finalists but may be submitted along with the requested documents.
Chief Operating Officer, Ruotolo Associates, Inc.